Sunday 10 May 2009

Das Lied zum Sonntag

Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog - Slipping



Look at these people:
Amazing how sheep will
Show up for the slaughter.

No one condemning
You lined up like lemmings.
You're lead to the water.

Why can’t they see what I see, why can’t they hear the lies?
Maybe the fee’s too pricey for them to realize
your disguise is slipping, I think you’re slipping.

Now that your savior’s
as still as the grave you’re
beginning to fear me.

Like cavemen fear thunder
I still have to wonder
Can you really hear me?

I bring you pain, the kind you can’t suffer quietly.
Fire up your brain, remind you inside you’re rioting,
Society is slipping, everythings slipping away, so:

Go ahead, run away,
say it was Horrible.
Spread the word tell a friend
tell them the tale!

Get a pic, do a blog,
heroes are over with.
Look at him, not a word,
hammer meet nail!

Then I win, then I get
everything I ever...
all the cash all, the fame,
and social change,
Anarchy that I run

It’s Dr. Horrible’s turn.
You people all have to learn,
This world is going to burn burn burn!

No sigh of Penny, good...
I would give anything not to have her see.
It’s gonna be bloody, head up Billy Buddy,
there’s no time for mercy.

Here goes no mercy.

[on "Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Soundtrack", 2008]

No comments: