Tuesday 22 December 2009

Musik des Jahres

Mirah: (A)spera
Blitzen Trapper: Black River Killer EP
David Bazan: Curse Your Branches
Die Goldenen Zitronen: Die Entstehung der Nacht
Olli Schulz & Der Hund Marie: Es brennt so schön
Sonic Youth: The Eternal
The Decemberists: The Hazards of Love
The Mountain Goats: The Life of the World to Come
Gossip: Music for Men
The Thermals: Now We Can See
Tegan & Sara: Sainthood
Warsaw Village Band: Infinity

Best new band (the first two, incidentally, are also my favourite records of the year): 

Rural Alberta Advantage: Hometowns
Micachu & The Shapes: Jewellery
Lightning Dust: Infinite Light
The XX - XX

I kind of expected more: 

PJ Harvey & John Parish: A Woman A Man Walked By
Regina Spektor: Far
Jochen Distelmeyer: Heavy
Eels: Hombre Lobo
Yeah Yeah Yeahs: It's Blitz
Cursive: Mama I'm Swollen
Placebo: Battle for the Sun (the tag line is an understatement: I will quite possibly never ever listen to a single song on that record again)

I'm sorry and I'm sure I will learn to appreciate you more in the future: 

Jeffrey Lewis: 'Em Are I
Clara Luzia: The Ground Below
Soap&Skin: Lovetune for Vacuum
Shannon Wright: Honeybee Girls
Erin McKeown: Hundreds of Lions

2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013

No comments: