Sunday 14 February 2010

Das Lied zum Sonntag

Bei einigen Textzeilen bin ich mir nicht sicher.
Kid Harpoon - Small Town War

Spreading rumours, growing tumors, come upends (?), coming sooner.
Blood under these nails. / Push me down, I am peaceful lying on the ground. Blackened by fame, a blackened heart so eloquently sharp,blinded by hands and hooks. A vision of Peter Pan: I'd rather die than be a crook!

One two three, gunmen count, hitting four, they cancel themselves out.
Run to the hills, run to the ground.

Admists a foreign dining hall, portrait on the wall, monkey and the circus ring.
"Feeling peckish son? We pay bananas if you sing."

The soldier from our town gave his life to the crown,
marching to war as a goose,
vanished in a breath and honoured with a noose.

The balance is equal the struggle of people, joys are not our trade.
 The big earth spread open, the color a token, my face still a name.

Are we friends are we foes nobody seems to know, these hungry vultures will pick my bones clean. When I was a minutiae can't stop between rivets (?), time will judge us all.

A fatal friend or a foe, with two hands which must show a prophet or shaman's tongue.
I am an atom: I believe in neither one.

So to end with the beginning and the trumpets call whose winning . Where Judas is all our friend, if to destroy is to create let's hunt and kill with pens.

One two three, gunmen count, hitting four, they cancel themselves out.
Run to the hills, run to the ground.

[auf "The First EP", 2007]

No comments: