Sunday 21 February 2010

Lied zum Sonntag

Eugene Mcguinness - Monsters Under The Bed


There are so many hours in the day. I know I've got work to do but hey -
My will to move, or even use my brain, is weathered by the eternal english rain.
And when the talk show ends, I scream right at the screen for more pregnant teens. I can't fall asleep, it's almost 3 so I water the flowers out on the street,
and I spent 5 hours on the net last night, avoiding the monsters under my bed with square eyes.


How fan-fucking-tabulous it is to be so scared of the dark like this. I know I've got work to do, it's a bitch. I'm staggering round, I can't find the switch,
and I spent 5 hours on the net last night avoiding the monsters under the bed with square eyes. Now I dare not stick my feet out the end, in case they bite and sing a monster song


La-da-dup-ba-da-bow-ah


There are so many hours in the day to address this problem in some way- Some barbie doll talks of carb intake. I turn it off, and for now, I'm ok.
 [auf "The Early Learnings of Eugene McGuinness", 2007]

No comments: