Friday 26 March 2010

I know I promised to stop, but...

Somehow, one week after the finale, I am still working through my feelings about "Skins", and one of the consequences is that some of the songs used on the show still float around in my head, and there is still a line or two in almost everything I hear that reminds me of the show. This is probably going to take a while, and I might just do some more mixtapes until it's...over and done with. 

Port O'Brien - Tree Bones 

"I push away I beg and plea / you will no longer come with me"

The song that I like even more from their record "Threadbare" is "My Will Is Good".


"I was never home / I was never here / All these thoughts came back / To you this time, of me."

Born Ruffians - Little Garçon

"I don't care just where you go / As long, as long as it's with me"

Also, because I live in a world filled with wonder, I was listening to the XLR8R-Podcast for this week and one of the bands featured (the theme is "Portland") is Nice Nice (who contributed the last song ever for this gen of "Skins", "Set and Setting").

Eventually, non-music related posts will follow, I promise. Oh, and health reform passed the Senate, despite all Republican efforts (they just found a procedural flaw that does not seem to be as game-changing as the animated headlines today morning made it out to be).

No comments: