Thursday 17 June 2010

I am way too easily swayed by British accents.


"Never Let Me Go". Director: Mark Romanek. Screenplay: Alex Garland. Based on the novel by Kazuo Ishiguro. 

I read this a couple of years ago, but somehow, I believe the language of the novel irritated me? I don't quite remember what I did not like, because the idea behind it is brilliant, and even more significant after watching "Dollhouse" - but maybe I'll pick it up again, as I usually enjoy discovering how my perception of things changes over time. Anyways, the movie looks amazing, and has one of the most interesting list of of actors and actresses I've seen in a while. Andrew Garfield played the comic relief in "Sugar Rush" but did incredibly well in the first part of "Red Riding" (a three-part series about a fictional serial murderer in Yorkshire during the 70s and 80s, based on the real case of the "Yorkshire Ripper"). Carey Mulligan was brilliant as Sally Sparrow in "Doctor Who" and "An Education" was a movie I watched knowing nothing, which happens way too little lately, that took me completely by surprise. Keira Knightley is Keira Knightley. Finally, a movie to join the very small list of films I'm excited about (so far: the first part of the last "Harry Potter" and "Inception", also because of the rather brilliant casting.).

No comments: