Friday 4 February 2011

Episode Two. I don't compromise.

wolf eyes | village oblivia. scout niblett | your beat kicks back like death. yeah yeah yeahs | rockers to swallow. so many dynamos | we vibrate, we do.  we versus the shark | ten uh clock heart uh tack. queens of the stone age | feel good hit of the summer. sleater-kinney | hot rock. zero 7 featuring josé gonzáles | crosses


liveblogging, kinda


This is actually the first time that Skins features a minority that was very present when I went to school: Metalheads. We didn't have jocks, we probably had Katie-Fitch like characters but that's not exactly a societal niche, Austrian Prolls are different in culture and look from chavs. But Metalheads convinced of the superiority of their taste in everything: EVERYWHERE. Not exactly a good starting point for one Mr Rich Hardbeck, since metal is my "but" genre. Everything but. "Ich möchte kein Pantera mehr hören müssen ich werde schon häufig genug angeschrien."

But let's assume that Grace Violet is slowly peeling back his layers of arrogance to reveal that he is actually a nice person.

THIS IS BASICALLY WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO BUT NEVER HAD THE COURAGE TO. Your music sucks, let me help you out.

Also, Rich, worst wingman EVER.

Alo gives "I fucked the dead girl" a whole new meaning.

lotion. hardcore.

"Why are we holding hands." lol cue the slashfic.

INCEST. A FRANK DISCUSSION.

"The Tao of Titfuckery". Oh Alo, poetry.

 Yeah, Alo, Franky is like a girl, but not like a girl. "my experience of girls has mostly been being beaten up by them."

Gracie has made a whole bunch of new friends and Mini disapproves. Disapproves with a fake smile.

The random homophobia doesn't suit Mini AT ALL. I hope Skins does something about this. But I still really enjoy the fact that Franky doesn't see it as reason to run around screaming "I'm not gay" at any- and everyone.

"That's magnets, we're people". EXACTLY.

 Seriously though, what is it about girls working in libraries. And book stores.

 Yes, pretty much Gracie. ACCURATE.

This is basically the Skins version of "Looking for Par'mach in all the Wrong Places", one of my favourite Star Trek: DS9 episodes (and yes, that makes Rich a Klingon and Gracie Jadzia Dax).

 "Trent Reznor can suck my cock".

Is that why Grace likes Franky? Because Franky actually cares, and tries to understand?

So far, all the parents of this gen have been fairly decent, I wonder who's going to break that record. Probably Mini's though, she's bound to come from an awful family.

Oh Alo, you deserve all the happiness.

There are three flowers in a vase, Rich.

Oh, Skins, HOW EVERY TIME.

Coz it's about sharing the things that you love, and trying to make other people understand the things you love, and in the process, trying to help them understand you.

"I agreed that what really matters is what you like, not what you are like... Books, records, films - these things matter. Call me shallow but it's the fuckin' truth, and by this measure I was having one of the best dates of my life." (High Fidelity)

Oh Skins, always with the stories about characters who just aren't brave enough yet. My heart. 

No comments: