Tuesday 31 January 2012

Episode Two. You're not the only one who misses her.


cloud nothing | should have. she keeps bees | cagematch. laura marling | i was just a card. black mountain | old fangs. don caballero | a lot of people tell me i have a fake british accent.  brown bird | thunder and lightning. wye oak | civilian. radiohead | bloom (jamie xx rework)



not entirely sure what this is but it might be walking the thin red line between ridiculous and parody (if it isn't, all the weirder).

livestream ahoi!

liveblogging, kinda...
ALSO DON'T READ ANY OF THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE EPISODE.
Predictions about Grace: Since Skins has already done the re-learning skills after brain damage thing with Tony, I think that Grace will suffer from some kind of amnesia after the car crash and the gang but especially Rich will have to learn to deal with that (which will be made difficult since David Blood is probably going to do everything in his power to keep them apart).

The reality show that is on before Skins is possibly the worst thing I have ever seen in my life.

RICH WOULD NEVER PLAY IN THAT BAND.
NEVER EVER EVER.

Exactly.

"What if today is the day she wakes up."

"Try harder Richard".
Hm. Hm. I think, that maybe, perhaps there is a possibility that we can't completely trust Rich's perceptions in this episode, but that's like a seriously vague prediction.

THE BOY HAS GOT IN AGAIN.

I liked my version better.
Which is like
becoming a theme with this season.
I mean, what are the stakes here exactly?

Anitaaa!
Kevin!

The sequence with Rich watching the footage is kind of a visual throwback to Emily exploring Sophia's room.

This is the same strange disconnect as the one with Alo and Rich in Alo's episode when he was shell-shocked from what happened and couldn't really communicate how serious it was because Rich was in a completely different place... except apparently the writers forgot that Alo should now be better at this than providing comic relief, which is frustrating and awful and I don't like it AT ALL.

 I love that this is his ringtone for Grace though.

"I'm her best friend"
"You must have filled the emptiness inside though"
yup.

This is backwards. I think in order for this to work we'd need Alo's or Mini's point of view which we don't have, so this is... not working.

Blood Red Shoes basically.

LIV: THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING PERSPECTIVE. this is such an "all the viewers" gpoy.

"Where are my friends?"

FRIENDSHIPS ARE MY FAVOURITE THING.

Oh  cool so I guess Franky in the last episode was just a temporary hiccup then?
Because this is actually working quite well? Even her voice.

And I guess the awkwardness between Franky and the rest of the group was also not actually something that existed.

That's more like it, music-wise.

"You're just seeing things."

Sid/Tony moment

AND ALSO RICH HAS CREATED A VERSION OF GRACE IN HIS HEAD.
"we're all just stories in the end." AND STUFF.

Hm, I guess the question is: where does that leave Grace? I don't think that she will die, still, because... I felt like there were too many hints towards this and it would have been unpredictable, but having one of the characters die at the beginning of the season and then only turning up in THAT way is something Skins hasn't actually done before. IDK. For now I think she is in a coma and things are looking dire and serious.

Other things: Nobody mentions Matty but then, Nick has been completely absent and... Franky's hard to read at the moment but at least she was recognizably Franky. The thing that troubles me the most right now is Alo because I think that last season's Alo would have been much more supportive, especially if things are as awful as they seem to be.

And Mini's a mystery too.

Oh, remember how he's repeated over and over again that he doesn't have reception.
RIGHT.

Reveal.

OH FUUUCK.
FUUUUCK.
Fuck.
SKINS.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

After thinking about this for half an hour (despairing over it, more like) I have come to the conclusion that the next episode will introduce a time travelling character who will fix everything with his magic dice.

No comments: