- Paul Ryan, like Sarah Palin, has no foreign policy experience.
- Paul Ryan, unlike Sarah Palin, is not female (courtesy of the ORF news team, well-researched!)
- He's younger than Joe Biden.
- He approved SOPA etc.
- He's a Catholic (and so is Joe Biden).
- And / but "virtually unknown in the Latino community"
- Romney's choice is a "game change" in a seemingly faltering campaign (and a risky/bold choice - but my favourite quote from this article is "Mr. Romney, who is not known for routinely exhibiting physical warmth, patted Mr. Ryan on the back 10 times after his running mate bounded onto the stage." Or, as SNL put it: "I AM A HUMAN MAN!")
- "He also professed an admiration for the ideas of anti-government libertarian guru Ayn Rand."
- Politico examines his plans for Medicare.
- And here's the speech he delivered in Norfolk, Virginia today (and the video)
Democrats had already planned to spend much of the fall campaign telling voters about the horrors of Ryan's budget plan -- in one unforgettable ad from the 2010 campaign, a senior citizen in a wheelchair is actually pushed off a cliff -- and making the case that Romney would implement it. Now, that argument becomes much easier to make.
The Atlantic: Paul Ryan's Message: 'Courage', August 11, 2012
Post a Comment