Tuesday 1 January 2013

Musik des Jahres

The Mountain Goats - Transcendental Youth.
The Corin Tucker Band - Kill My Blues.
Sharon Van Etten - Tramp.
Titus Andronicus - Small Business.
Kaki King - Glow.
Cat Power - Sun.
Santigold - Master of My Make-Believe.
Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles [III].
The Hunger Games OST.

Songs: 

Mark Ernestus feat. Jeri-Jeri and Mbene Diatta Seck - Mbeuguel Dafa Nekh (on Mbueguel Dafa Nekh EP)

First Aid Kid - The Lion's Roar (on The Lion's Roar)
"But don’t you come here and say i didn’t warn you / about the way your world can alter / and oh how you try to command it all still / every single time it all shifts one way or the other."

Amadou & Mariam featuring Santigold - Dougou Badia (on Folila)
"Hasidiya djougou mendé obena ni mogo magossa dé yé / Hali gniéngoya djougou maindé obena ni mogo magossa dé yé"

Regina Spektor - All the Rowboats (on What We Saw From the Cheap Seats)
"But the most special are the most lonely / God, I pity the violins"

Fiona Apple - Left Alone (on The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw And Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do)
"How can I ask anyone to love me / When all I do is beg to be left alone?"

Daughter - Youth (on The Wild Youth EP)
"We are the reckless,  / We are the wild youth / Chasing visions of our futures / One day we'll reveal the truth / That one will die before he gets there."

Bat for Lashes - Laura (on The Haunted Man)
"Drape your arms around me and softly say / can we dance upon the tables again?"

Laura Gibson - La Grande (on La Grande)
"When we've covered our hands in the bone-white clay / And we've shaken the dust from every boot and spur / We have counted our days in planks and rails / We have kept our spirits in the dancing halls"

Cloud Nothings - Wasted Days (on Attack on Memory)
"I know / I'm losing all my time / Can't believe / That it was all mine"

Slow Club - Beginners (on Paradise)
"Keep breathing, keep breathing / Find a scheme you believe in"

Mumford & Sons - Broken Crown (on Babel)
"So crawl on my belly 'til the sun goes down / I'll never wear your broken crown  / I took the road and I fucked it all away / Now in this twilight how dare you speak of grace"

Father John Misty - Hollywood Forever Cemetery (on Fear Fun)
"We should let this dead guy sleep"

Angel Haze - Doo Wop (That Thing) (on Classick Mixtape, Lauryn Hill Cover)
"Girlfriend, let me break it down for you again / You know I only say it 'cause I'm truly genuine / Don't be a hard rock when you really are a gem / Baby girl, respect is just a minimum"

Sofa Surfers feat. Mani Obeya - Out, Damn Light (on Superluminal)
"There'll be no respite for those who dream by night and dream by day / soon be zombie keep on dreaming your life away"

Flying Lotus - Tiny Tortures (on Until the Quiet Comes)

A Band of Buriers - Filth (on Filth)

Micachu & The Shapes - Never (on Never)
"Will you leave? Probably / It won't end properly / I don't care I give up"

White Lung - Glue (on Sorry)
"I don't want to know what is wrong with you"

Wild Flag - Winter Pair (unpublished)
"I don't see any way around this / so let's go through it"

The xx - Chained (on Coexist)
"We used to be closer than this / We used to get closer than this / Is it something you missed?"

Burial - Kindred (on Kindred EP)
"I'll never see you again."

2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013

No comments: