Wednesday 1 January 2014

Musik des Jahres

Waxahatchee - Cerulean Salt.
Thao & The Get Down Stay Down - We the Common.
Savages - Silence Yourself.
Janelle Monáe - The Electric Lady.
Daughter - If You Leave.
Laura Veirs - Warp & Weft.
Grouper - The Man Who Died in His Boat.
Burial - Rival Dealer EP.

Songs: 

The National - Don't Swallow the Cap (on Trouble Will Find Me)
I have only two emotions, / Careful fear and dead devotion. / I can't get the balance right.

The Thermals - The Sunset (on Desperate Ground)
I am never alone / My shadows are close where I need them to be / I keep them with me
I am never afraid,  / My shadows are close / I am safe when they stay / They whisper the way.

Thee Oh Sees - Toe Cutter / Thumb Buster (on Floating Coffin)
Splash, blood upon the ground / Boom, harken to the sound

Swimming - New Friends (on Yes, Tonight)
I've got new friends / We started and we finished.

Arcade Fire - You Already Know (on Reflektor)
Please stop wondering why you feel so sad / When you already know.

Slut - Broke My Backbone (on Alienation)
We're looking at the moon.

Bonobo feat. Erykah Badu - Heaven For the Sinner (on The North Borders)
We don't need no truth, got plenty / now it grows on trees

SZA - Julia (on S EP)
Funny how life is turning out / I don't have much to talk about

Julia Holter - World (on Loud City Song)
Your hats that I wear when you disappear / How could you see that everyday I talk to you?

DJ Koze feat. Caribou - Track ID Anyone? (on Amygdala)
Didn't sleep on Saturday

Perera Elsewhere - Bizarre (on Everlast)
It's been a long time holding up this house / Until this long time is over let's make the most of it

James Blake - Retrograde (on Overgrown)
Suddenly I'm hit / in this darkness of the dawn / and your friends are gone

Rhye - Open (on Woman)
I'm a fool for that shake in your thighs / I'm a fool for that sound in your sighs

Ólafur Arnalds feat. Arnór Dan - Old Skin (on For Now I Am Winter)
In these hands I'll hide, in these hands I'll hide / While this world collides, this world collides / It's not enough for me, it's not enough for me

Son Lux - No Crimes (on Lanterns)
...

Alice Smith - She (on She)
She’s got a power that they’re trying to take / Try everything to take it away.

Alela Diane - The Way We Fall (on About Farewell)
A vision blurred through colored glass / The white washed walls of summer's passed / The smoldering I do recall / The hopeless fade, the way we fall

Laura Marling - I Was an Eagle (on Once I Was an Eagle)
Oh, I will not be a victim of romance / I will not be a victim of circumstance / Chance or circumstance or romance or any man / Who could get his dirty little hands on me

London Grammar - Darling Are You Gonna Leave Me (on If You Wait)
Summer is gone and now I'm bleeding / I can't tell now you're thinking of leaving

Scout Niblett - Woman and Man (on It's Up To Emma)
Don't get so excited.

Erin McKeown - The Jailer (on Manifestra)
In his secret heart the jailer knows / how like he is his prisoners / Though he sleeps on finest sheets / his dreams will make him nervous.

Lorde - Royals (on Pure Heroine)
And we'll never be royals / It don't run in our blood

The Blow - Make it Up (on The Blow)
I thought I knew what love was / Turns out I might have faked it 

Tocotronic - Eine Theorie (on Wie wir leben wollen)
Wörter sind nur Wörter und trotzdem nicht zu verachten / Bitte füll mich damit auf / Ich habe keine Eigenschaften

Casper - Im Ascheregen (on Im Hinterland)
Blick zu lange in den Abgrund und er blickt zurück; Hitze drückt / Lieber Neubeginn, als was das alte verspricht

Foals - My Number (on Holy Fire)

Tricky feat. Francesca Belmonte - Somebody's Sins (on False Idols)
My sins my own / They belong to me,  / People say "Beware!" / But I don't care

Trentemøller feat. Marie Fisker - Candy Tongue (on Lost)
The funny things you want / It's never never gonna be enough

Ghostpoet - Meltdown (on Some Say I So I Say Light)
So it won't be forever then / I can't do forever friends

Emika - Primary Colours (on DVA)
It's the distance between us.

2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013

No comments: