Thursday 31 December 2015

Musik des Jahres

Albums: 

Laura Marling - Short Movie.
Sufjan Stevens - Carrie and Lowell.
Sleater-Kinney - No Cities to Love.
Howling - Sacred Ground.
Tei Shi - Verde.
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly.
Squarepusher - Damogen Furies.
Yumi Zouma - EP II.
Laurel Halo - In Situ EP.

Songs:

Young Ejecta - Welcome to Love (on The Planet)
Feel too much, you are my hero / Once was enough, I'm such an idiot / Feel too much, you don't love anyone / Once was enough, and I got that with it.

Son Lux - You Don't Know Me (on Bones)
You see my face in the stars / You write my name on your walls / I feel you tracing my scars / I see you down on your knees / You don't know me at all

Shlohmo - Buried (on Dark Red)
I know you never lie but it’s no fun to tell the truth / I guess I never loved but I will see what I can do / Got so much life to waste that I would take my days and hand them to you

Purity Ring - Push Pull (on Another Eternity).
There was no light and I swear / I could see your raring fear / I heard the plains moaning back / I saw the thunder roll o'er black / There was no light and I swear / We sat still in our fear

Chvrches - Empty Threat (on Every Open Eye)
Taking back an empty threat / More than you could ever know / Take it back with no regrets / I was better off when I was on your side

Grimes - Flesh Without Blood / Life in the Vivid Dream (on Art Angels)
You claw, you fight, you lose

Speedy Ortiz - No Below (on Foil Deer).
you didn't know me but he knew me best / the weight of my brain and my fear of my cold head / you never saw me interred ice / my friend tried to melt but he couldn't me thaw me outright / so i got ditched freezing, alone with my thoughts

Waxahatchee - Stale By Noon (on Ivy Tripp).
Simple things will light me up / I can imitate some kind of love / Or I could see it for what it is and stop kidding myself / We are not that alike

Helen - Dying All the Time (on The Original Faces)
...

The Decemberists - Better Not Wake the Baby (on It's a Terrible World, It's a Beautiful World)
How long will this go on? / How long, indeed? / You can bang a drum 'till the money's all gone / But it better not wake the baby

The Mountain Goats - Werewolf Gimmick (on Beat the Champ).
Let him who thinks he knows no fear look well upon my face / Nameless bodies in unremembered rooms / Know how a man becomes a beast when the wolfbane blooms 

Lower Dens - To Die in L.A. (on Escape from Evil)
Time Will Turn the Tide

Battles - The Yabba (on La Di Da)
...

Raury - God's Whisper (on Indigo Child)
Living lives we chose.

Autre Ne Veut - World War Pt. 2 (on Age of Transparency)
My time won’t be for nothing / And your ways it’s not enough

Angel Haze - Babe Ruthless (on Back to the Woods)
If you fucking with me, I get gnarly / Drama get added then you get subtracted

THEEsatisfaction feat. Shabazz Palaces - Recognition (on EarthEE)
No work goes without recognition.

Roísín Murphy - Evil Eyes (on Hairless Toy)
Agi-magic-la-talagy / Agi-magic-la-talagy / My wish come true

Kaki King - Oobleck (on The Neck is a Bridge to the Body)
...

Jamie xx feat. Romy - Loud Places (on Colours)
You go to loud places / To find someone who / Will take you higher than / I took you

j.viewz feat. Mike Milosh - Don't Pull Away
Don't pull away.

Julia Holter - Feel You (on Have You in My Wilderness)
You know I love to run away from sun

Sharon Van Etten - Pay My Debts (on I Don't Want to Let You Down)
But I know myself better than you do

José González – Stories We Build, Stories We Tell (on Vestiges and Claws)
Don't believe in karma or hell / But in the memories and stories we build

Little May - Seven Hours (on For the Company)
You said I’m all you ever needed but you don’t want me all the time

Ghostpoet feat. Nadine Shah - X Marks the Spot (on Shedding Skin)
If I don't try another way / Then I'll never know

HEALTH - Men Today (on Death Magic)
...

King Midas Sound with Fennesz - Above Water (on Edition One).
...

Ólafur Arnalds & Nils Frahm - Four (on Loon)
...

Roseau - New Glass (on Salt)
I'll never get anywhere.

Panama - Jungle (on Jungle).
You know it's hard to calculate sometimes 
How do you know when it's over? 


2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

No comments: