Sunday 31 December 2017

Music of the Year

Albums: 

Sampha - Process.
Vagabon - Infinite Worlds.
Cable Ties - Cable Ties.
Angel Olsen - Phases.
Cayetana - New Kind of Normal.
Priests - Nothing Feels Natural.
Feist - Pleasure.
The xx - I See You.
Yumi Zouma - Willowbank.
Tei Shi - Crawl Space.
Mount Kimbie - Love What Survives.
Gang of Youths - Go Farther in Lightness.

Songs: 

Alex Lahey - I Haven't Been Taking Care of Myself (on I Love You Like a Brother).
You say that you want me but you don't act like you do
I'm pretty sure my mum said be careful around you

Diet Cig - Maid of the Mist (on Swear I'm Good at This).
I wanna hold a seance
For every heart I've broken
Put them all in a room and say "get over it"

Waxahatchee - Brass Beam (on Out in the Storm).
I took a pill
I went to sleep for the first time in weeks

Sassy 009 - Feel Me (on Are You Leaving).
[...]

Yaeji - Drink I'm Sippin' On (on EP2).
I feel so fine.

Smerz - Have Fun
[...]

Kelela - Blue Lights (on Take Me Apart).
Baby, keep the blue light on

TOPS - Cutlass Cruiser (on Sugar at the Gate).
Do you take scars or bruises?
All have proof that we struggled somehow

Hoops - Rules (on Routine).
Come on over and we'll sort something out.

Mega Bog - T.V. M.A.C. (on Happy Together).
You're such a piece of work.

Fazerdaze - Take it Slow (on Morningside).
Round and around we go
Take it slow

Jessie Ware - Hearts (on Glasshouse).
I'm losing sight of you

Sallie Ford - Loneliness is Power (on Soul Sick).
By myself tonight
Mind is going dark
Loneliness is powerful,
Loneliness is power

The Mountain Goats - Rain in Soho (on Goths).
No town more barren than our town
No haven safer than the one they tore down

The National - Day I Die (on Sleep Well Beast).
I’d rather walk all the way home right now than to spend one more second in this place.

Big Thief - Mythological Beauty (on Capacity).
You have the eye of someone I have seen
Outside of ordinary situations.

Slowdive - Don't Know Why (on Slowdive).
I don't want to see you now
Put it in a picture
(Bury all the magic)
Hide it in a story
(Bury all the treasure)
I don't wanna know about

Laura Marling - Next Time (on Semper Femina).
It feels like the last time I'll run my fingers through your hair

Madeline Kennedy - Don't Forget / There's Room (on Night Night at the First Landing).
There's room for you.

Shannon Wright - The Thirst (on Division).
A fool, a con, a fiend

Carla dal Forno
- Make Up Talk (on The Garden).
I forget these walls. 

Garbage - No Horses
And all the lovers turn cops

Alice Glass - Without Love (on Alice Glass).
How are you gonna lie about me now?

Austra - Future Politics (on Future Politics).
Realities beating, A grave has been dug
I'm looking for something
To rise up above

Bonobo feat. Nick Murphy - No Reason (on Migration).
And we've got no rhyme and no reason now
We've got the time of our lives now

The Blow - The Woman You Want Her To Be (on Brand New Abyss).
[...]

Laurel Halo - Koinos (on Dust).
[...]

Burial - Rodent (on Rodent EP).
[...]

Jlin - Black Origami (on Black Origami).
[...]


2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016

No comments: