Friday 29 May 2009

...

There is a very complicated thing going on in my head that comes out in a very simple four word sentence: fire bad, tree pretty. And while I haven't burned down my highschool or faced a giant snake in the past week, it is still very counterproductive to having to write a (second) first draft for a seminar paper on European Right-Wing Extremist Parties. I love this seminar. It's challenging, I feel completely overwhelmed and as if I spent the past four years of my studies in a coma (which isn't THAT far from the truth), and I would very much like to sound smart and all that, but fire bad, tree pretty.
Also, yesterday between attending my lectures, getting a bigger espresso maker and actually voting (I don't know, being among the 25 % makes me feel so special), I also did a mental rain dance because rain is the only thing that helps against my pollen allergy. It worked. It worked extremely well, actually, and exactly as I left a fast food chain usually not on my list of preferred places to take food from with a very precious and non-water-resistent paper bag. But it did feel kind of cool to sip orange juice and slowly walk home while other people ran and waited it out in doorways. After all, it was my very own deluge.

No comments: