Friday 11 February 2011

Episode Three. Nightmare Girl.


kelis | caught out there. missy elliott and mc solaar | all n my grill. destiny's child | bills bills bills. brandy & monica | the boy is mine. the roots and erykah badu | you got me. mary j. blige and method man | all i need. tlc | no scrubs. lauryn hill | lost ones. tricky and pj harvey | broken homes.



(I'm really sorry about this. The AV Club is running this series about the Nineties and they've finally reached years that I remember. This is basically the music I listened to instead of Nu Metal, and it holds up fairly well?)

livestream

liveblogging, kinda


In preparation (and because it is one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in a while), I watched In the Loop, but not even shouty, swearing Mr Jenkins Sr has me sufficiently prepared for Mrs McGuinness, I'm afraid. Her lines are going to take forever to transcribe, from what I've seen in the previews. 

Here's a livechat/interview thing Alex Arnold, Jessica Sula, Laya Lewis and Nick Levan did this afternoon. (tiny hearts. tiny hearts everywhere, guys)

Who would have thought that Mini would bring back the reggae? Not even a second in and already a nice surprise.

All the things Mini puts herself through to be perfect.

Fashion show.

"Creative and physical ability of the college" - oh, how I miss Harriet.

"Oh, I didn't realize you were still friends" - LOL, Mini.
And the immediate vengeance because someone else is in the spotlight.

I love how Franky immediately comes to help out Grace in case she needs her. Whereas Liv... oh well.

TODDLE!

This is the potential to be really interesting, and it's actually a storyline that is really new - Mini has created this front and now she can't control it anymore and everything's starting to fall apart. I love how OBVIOUS her vulnerability is, too.

RIDER. THE FUCK.

That disco ball reminds me of Sophia. Why.

"We're in love". Like in the fairy tales, right, Mins?

For a bit there, Liv (Olivia is a pretty name) reminded me so much of one Kara Thrace that I'll probably never ever not like her again. Funny how that happens.

Did Liv just say "she's forlorn all the time"? (maybe it's full-on though)

WILL MATTY MAKE A SURPRISE APPEARANCE?
WHO WILL BE THE EFFY TO MINI'S KATIE?
WILL THERE BE SMOKING BY THE HARBOUR?

Can somebody please stab that trainer in the face?

"Foolish nonsensery". What, have we stopped expunging people, David?

AWW. Some things just are that easy, aren't they. I am also quite fond of Alo's enthusiasm, and just Alo in general.

YES. I saw that one coming. Oh, Franks. (I ship them more fiercely than any other hopeless ship ever before. Ffs, Skins. Ffs. Why isn't there more quality fanfic.)

And Franky is almost surprised that Matty actually really exists and isn't just a figment of her imagination.

People constantly tell her that she's beautiful and she never ever believes them.

Ugh, this isn't going to end well.

Next week! Everybody's friends all of a sudden. Yay.

No comments: