Sunday 12 October 2008

Das Lied zum Sonntag

Helium (Mary Timony & Leisha Hailey) - Hole in the Ground

I think I heard
you said a word,
and that's the third time I heard you say a word.

Do you think you can make it on your own?
Your head is big but your boyfriend says it hasn't grown.
Your head is big when no one's around.
All the same you say "shhh"
Don't make a sound

Wrap me around around your finger
You gotta wrap them around your finger

Pretty girl I saw you were getting bigger.
Girl, I saw as you were getting bigger

I heard you talk, You said

Hahhahahhahahaaaaaahahahahhahhhah

You got to come up underground.
You're like a seed
but right now you can't be found.

You could grow up you could get big again.
This time you could do it without your boyfriend.

Wrap them around your finger!
Girl, you gotta wrap them around your finger
Hey girl, I saw that you were getting bigger
Yeah, girl, I saw that you were getting bigger
I heard you talk!

Hahhahahhahahaaaaaahahahahhahhhah

And you said:

There's a lot of things I like to do!
There's a lot of things I like to do!
And boy, what if that's not you?

[auf dem Soundtrack von "All Over Me", 1997]

No comments: