Sunday 17 May 2009

Columnize my Randomness, Part 17

In amazing and entirely unexpected news, "Dollhouse" is going to be back for a second season. It took me a very long time to get into the show and even now, I am probably more intrigued by the theory behind rather than the actual episodes, but after the two final episodes I really want to see more of Amy Acker's Claire Saunders / Whiskey. Now, after seeing her as Fred / Illyria in "Angel", this turn was to be expected, but her ability to portray the different aspects of her characters blew me away nevertheless. It might be "cheaper" though. If that means less motorcycle chases and more cheap-horror-movie goodness, I'm all for that too. The DVD (and it always pays off to get the DVDs for Whedon-shows) will include the unaired 13th episode. Two good arguments: it's post-apocalyptic and has Felicia Day (of "The Guild" and "Dr Horrible" and the last season of "Buffy") in it.
The bitter other side to this: I guess "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" is dead. There are no real news yet (FOX was said to announce their fall schedule tomorrow), but this is one show that can barely be made any cheaper. This is very sad news since this is one show featuring both an amazing cast and a strong narrative from the very beginning. I saw the trailer for "Terminator - Salvation" two weeks ago and can't really imagine the whole thing without Lena Headey and Summer Glau. Talking about Lena Headey - a month or so ago she gave an interview to AfterEllen's videoblog Brunch with Bridget that was hilarious. And yay to the British accent.
Thursday's season finale of "30 Rock" featured a ton of musical guest stars, performing a song to get Jack's newly found dad a new kidney. Sadly, Chan Marshall only got to stand around in the background, but I guess sharing a stage with Mary J. Blige was cool enough for her. The song might soon be removed from youtube due to NBC but so far it can be found here.
And talking about adorkable goodness (for once, a case where the term applies) - Amber Benson recorded a video of her dancing the Macarena. She promised to do that when she got enough reviews for her novel "Death's Daughter". I haven't gotten around to order it yet but the video is here. And naturally it isn't just awkward "me and my camera" dancing, it has a background band and live singing.

No comments: