Friday 11 March 2011

Episode Seven. There's nothing we can do.

maxence cyrin | d.a.n.c.e. portland cello project with thao | beat (health life and fire). simon and garfunkel | cecilia. the string quartet | time is running out. regina spektor | pavlov's daughter. patti smith | horses. radiohead | reckoner. philip glass | ballet. maxence cyrin | right here right now.


I might not be around for this. 

liveblogging, kinda...

Jessica does Karate
The Guardian lets Nick, Laya, Jessica and Alex interview each other. 

                   

I think I know who Grace's dad is but I'm not sharing. 

WELL, CURTAINS UP THEN.  

CALLED IT. LOL. DAVID BLOOD; MULTITASKER EXTRAORDINAIRE.

Oh man, classic Skins joke.  Brilliant. 

Mini would have gone completely crazy on Franky. Liv just walks off.  

"around for tea" - cue the coke. 

The sister of a friend of mine once spent a semester in Arkansas and her host parents pulled the criminal records of guys she wanted to hang out with - but that's even more drastic. 

The production design of the episode is incredible - it makes everything look like it might be out a Disney movie, kind of - the colours, the massive mirror. 

"You're different with them - you're not you." 

"I'm Grace Violet and I want to snort some cocaine." 

"I'M INTO PEOPLE". 
Oh Franky. 
FAVOURITE. 

Jealousy suits Liv very, very badly. The mean little remarks don't go very well with her general outspken and honest nature. 

I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO ARE EXACTLY LIKE THIS WHEN THEY ARE DRUNK. IN fact, it is one of my biggest aspirations not to be that person. Especially with the singing.

This is actually really brilliant: questioning Grace's authenticity, since she is an actress in more than one way, in an episode that deals with a stage play. 

Freya Mavor pretending to be a bad actress is hilarious. 
GRACE SHIPS IT TOO. 

I REALLY LOVE SKINS. Oh, you're not straight? Hey, let's not make this much of a deal of it! Hey, two girls are kissing! Right, that happened. 

"A brief history of time" - and I actually believe he doesn't just read it to have read it, like Tony would. 

UGH HER EYES THOUGH. 

"I can't make a happy ending"

 Nick's sitting with the same girl he talked to in Alo's episode. Continuity, Skins has it

Do Matty's eyes ever hurt, or, like, fall out?  

TRUTH IN ART. LIFE'S A STAGE. Etc. 

"You were totally right, I'm not real. I'm a story, a character, a fucking fiction." 

TO A FUCKING CASTLE IN THE CLOUDS.

spirit animal. 

I am still not over the fact that I can't live in a Neil Gaiman novel, honestly.

OH REMEMBER WHEN TONY DID THIS AND IT WAS FAKE AND DISHONEST AND DIDN'T MEAN A FUCKING THING? 
Look at Rich. LOOK AT HIM. 

"Maybe we can make our life a story."

HOW IS THIS SHOW EVEN REAL. 
Favourite Jamie Brittain episode ever. Well done, Sir.

No comments: