Saturday 9 July 2011

Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home...


Many, many years ago I bought a book for one of my friends, as a birthday present, and it was only later that I realized that it was the second part of Harry Potter. At that point, I had no idea what Harry Potter was, but then, because my best friend and I have never had the same taste in movies, we decided to try Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban one Summer day and in the weeks that followed I read all the books and I watched all the movies with her, because apart from the story itself giving meaning to its readers, the other things that makes it important is to share it with other people, to discuss the characters and their fate, to speculate about what is going to happen (and, for the past years that the books have been finished but the movies haven't, how well directors and actors would be able to translate the books into moving pictures). This story that is most important to me because I can share it with someone who I dearly love is now coming to an end, but it will live on, in hours spent re-reading the novels, in evenings filled with re-watching the movies (stopping, occasionally, to discuss a specific issue that just can't wait). I'll spend the next week patiently awaiting the return of my best friend so we can watch the last part together, desperately avoiding reviews and such so as not to spoil it. 

No comments: