Saturday 31 December 2016

Music of the Year

Albums: 

Kate Tempest - Let Them Eat Chaos.
Solange - A Seat at the Table.
Angel Olsen - My Woman.
Blood Orange - Freetown Sound.
Beyoncé - Lemonade.
Savages - Adore Life.
Poliça - United Crushers.
Frank Ocean - Blond/Blonde.
Yumi Zouma - Yoncalla.
Camp Cope - Camp Cope.

Songs: 

A Tribe Called Quest - We the People (on We Got it From Here).
The fog and the smog of news media that logs
False narratives of Gods that came up against the odds

Daughter - Numbers (on Not to Disappear).
I feel numb in this kingdom.

Fakear feat. Rae Morris - Silver (on Animal).
I reason constantly, and question why I once cared.

James Blake - Radio Silence (on The Colour in Anything).
I'm sorry, I don't know how you feel.

Ólafur Arnalds feat. Arnór Dan - Say My Name (on Late Night Tales)
Say my name, say my name
If no one is around you
Say baby I love you

Radiohead - Identikit (on A Moon Shaped Pool).
Broken hearts make it rain

PJ Harvey - Chain of Keys (on The Hope Six Demolition Project).
Imagine what
Imagine what her eyes have seen
We ask but she
We ask but she won't let us in

Thao & The Get Down Stay Down - The Evening (on A Man Alive).
I'll love you 'till I die.

Róisín Murphy - Pretty Gardens (on Take Her Up to Monto).
I just want you to look upon me and see the good inside.

Warpaint - Whiteout (on Heads Up!)
There is an anchor, I'll put it in my heart
You gotta do what's right for you, and do it from the start
Even when they wonder, they wonder where you are

Santigold - Chasing Shadows (on 99¢).
One thing about time it waits for nobody

Alex Lahey - Let's Go Out (on B-Grade University).
Your mother likes me
She always asks me how I'm going
But that's early in the evening
Before the past comes out to say
Hey, remember that time

Peaches - How You Like My Cut (on Rub).
I’m a sexy little fucker, I’m a lazy little fucker.

Hayley Kiyoko - Gravel To Tempo (on Citrine).
I don't feel adequate
Thinking I'm a monster in disguise

Shura - What's It Gonna Be? (on Nothing's Real)
You're at the beach
Hundreds of miles away
I don't wanna be that girl

Mitski - Your Best American Girl (on Puberty 2)
Your mother wouldn't approve of how my mother raised me
But I do, I think do

Jessy Lanza - VV Violence (on Oh No)
Yeah, I say it to your face, but it doesn't mean a thing, no!

The Thermals - My Heart Went Cold (on We Disappear).
dead in the night
dark in the day
far from the light i can see
i’m where i needed to be
buried away

The Kills - Bitter Fruit (on Ash & Ice).
I was conceived in a red rage, from a wild love
I am the seed of a dead age, gone viral

White Lung - Beg You (on Paradise).
Blow out the dust in my empty mind

Against Me! - Boyfriend (on Shape Shift With Me).
I don't want to hang around the graveyard, waiting for something dead to come back
I know you think you got one up on me, bet you can see something I can't

SBTRKT feat. Sampha - TBD (on Save Yourself).
Wonderful intention

Andy Stott - New Romantic (on Too Many Voices).
...

Christian Löffler - Lid (on Mare).
...

Affelaye - Fewer Looks
...

Trentemøller feat. Jehnny Beth - River in Me (on Fixion. In My Room).
Now the river is dry
Left me unsatisfied
There's no river in me anymore
No more kisses on the shore

S U R V I V E - High Rise (on RR7349)
...

Frank Ocean - Endless.

FKAtwigs - Good to Love.

2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

No comments: